Leetonia Oakdale Cemetery
Oakdale Cemetery, which is owned by the Village of Leetonia, is located one half mile south of Leetonia, Ohio on Leetonia-Lisbon Road (County Road 416) on the west side of the road.
The cemetery originally consisted of 10 acres purchased in 1872. The first deed issued by the corporation for lots bears the date of January 13, 1876. 14.10 acres have since been added.
Through community efforts a chapel was started in 1996. The ground breaking began on October 15, 1996 and the dedication was performed on January 19, 1998 and on September 13, 1998, an open house was held.
The chapel is available for a fee for small wedding ceremonies. Please contact the clerk for details.
Ralph E. Dias, who was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, is interred here.
Several improvements have been made over the years, including: blacktopped drives, installation of lighting and water lines and in the Spring of 2002, an office was constructed for use by the cemetery clerk.
300 East Main Street
Leetonia, Ohio 44431
Phone: (330) 727-7006
Fax: (330) 427-8088
WINTER: 12:00 Noon to 2:00 p.m.
SUMMER: 8:00 a.m. to DUSK
G. August Cerrone, Jr.
Barbara D. Knee
Heather Rae Kelm
The Board meets the 3rd Monday of the month at 4:45 p.m.
Rules and Regulations - PDF
We welcome all inquiries regarding the cemetery, pricing, persons interred here, etc. The Clerk and/or Sexton can be contacted daily to set up an appointment or just come to the cemetery during posted hours.
Oakdale Cemetery honors all veterans by flying a United States Flag that has flown at Arlington National Cemetery at half-staff at time of interment.